News and Announcements
Fall 2020 season update:
We have been closely monitoring updates from USA Swimming and the Northampton Area School District regarding the ability to begin our Fall program. At this point, we have no timeframes for a return to the pool. When we are able to secure pool usage, we will follow USA Swim guidelines for safe practice. This situation is ever-changing and we are committed to getting our club back together as soon as possible. As we learn more, we will continue to keep you posted via email, through our Facebook page and online at www.NorthamptonSwim.com.
We hope everyone is having a great summer! We miss all our swimmers and are looking forward to being back together again. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our club email at NorthamptonSBC@gmail.com
Due to COVID-19 our Summer Swim Program is now canceled. More information will be posted as it comes available!
The KIDS Swim Club in Northampton, PA is seeking Assistant Coaches to work with age group athletes. Our team consists of swimmers age 5-18 with various levels of competitive swim experience and ability. The Assistant Swimming Coach is responsible for providing swimming instruction to team members in various age groups. All coaches are responsible for the appropriate positive behavior of all swim team members during practices and competitions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assigned coaching responsibilities, which may include practices, recruiting, record keeping & scheduling
- Follows all KIDS Swim Club policies, rules regulations & procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident & accident reports as necessary.
- Attends competitions & functions as agreed upon with the Head Coaches.
- Assists with overseeing conduct of swim team members at competitions & other team functions.
- Attends all meetings & trainings as required
- Maintains effective communication with participants & parents.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old, with high school diploma or equivalent.
- All necessary clearances must be in order prior to beginning employment.
- Current USA Swimming coach certification (or obtain within 30 days of employment).
- Two or more years of competitive swimming experience.
- Thorough knowledge of skills and stroke mechanics.
- Ability to lead & motivate team members.
- Prior coaching experience is a plus.
- Hourly salary commensurate with experience
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with serious inquiries.